Kyle Drabek Gets First Major League Win

Twins 1 Blue Jays 6

Two games, two win.

That was a great start for Kyle Drabek. 7 innings, just 1 hit, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts. He looked terrific all day. Lots of movement on all his pitches. Pat Tabler gets the stupid comment of the day award for saying it was 'good' that Drabek gave up the hit in the 6th. He was worried that Farrell would leave Drabek out too long if there was a no-hitter going, but Farrell is no fool.

For anyone that worries Kyle doesn't strikeout enough batters, that was a game that should relax those fears. He struck out the side in the first inning, around a walk.

Shawn Camp pitched a perfect 8th and Marc Rzepczynski gave up a walk to start the 9th but erased the runner with a double play right after. Both looked good, getting ground balls. The Twins only got two balls out of the infield the whole game

On offense every batter had a hit except Jose Bautista, who took two walks and Juan Rivera, who had a walk in his 2 appearances before being pinch hit for by Travis Snider when the Twins pulled Liriano for Kevin Slowey. The pinch hit was a good move, Snider hit a 2 run double. Glad to see that Farrell doesn't have Cito's fear of pinch hitters.

Jose Molina got our first run with a homer that hit he top of the fence. Jayson Nix, whose pickup wasn't exactly cheered around here, got in the game and hit a 2 run homer and took two walks and also made a couple of nice plays in the field. He might not be here long but he made the most of his chance. Yunel Escobar was 2 for 5 with a triple and Mike McCoy was 2 for 4. EE was 1 for 4, a bouncer to just the right spot and then hit a hard line drive right at someone. Luck goes both ways. He also scored from first on Snider's double.

Jays of the Day are Drabek (.235 WPA), Molina (.136), Snider (.117) and Nix (.115). Aaron Hill gets the Suckage number with a -.106, mostly because he couldn't bring Escobar home from third after his triple with one out, but he did drive in a run in the 8th with a sac fly.

So two games in, we have scored 19 runs and allowed 4. And we have 6 home runs.

Tomorrow Brett Cecil goes for the sweep against Nick Blackburn, who was 10-12 with a 5.42 ERA last year.