News Roundup on a lazy Saturday Morning

As was mentioned yesterday Brad Emaus was returned to the Jays. Well as we soon found out, things didn't last long. Emaus was almost immediately flipped for Chris Malone plus future considerations from the Rockies. Future Considerations in this situation basically means cash or a player to be named later. Shi Davidi had a tweet that summed things up nicely for everyone:

Emaus transaction essentially settles the Miguel Olivo deal with Rockies from last Nov. Jays essentially get 57th pick in draft for Emaus

I am not quite sure how it works, but I wonder if it is possible that the Olivo deal had Emaus listed as one of the possible players to be named later and once the Jays had him back the Rockies chose him? Either way it doesn't seem like the organization really ever had any plans for Brad, I wish him the best of luck.

Chris Malone is a 27 (soon to be 28) year old minor league Bullpen arm. In his 7 seasons in the minors he has thrown 446.1 Innings and raked up an ERA of 4.78 and a WHIP of 1.459, his K/9 is 7.7 and his BB/9 is 3.4, The one good thing about him is he does seem to keep the ball on the ground quite a bit according to the stats on MiLB.com. Overall though this is more likely a depth guy that fills out our bullpens in the minor leagues.

Also across the wires today is news that Mike McCoy racked up some more frequent flier miles. He is back in Toronto as Jayson Nix has been DL'd due to a left shin contusion (re: Sore bruise), the X-Rays were negative but we need some form of a bench so he has to sit for 15.

Late edit add: Farrell has indicated to those media type people with the team that in the absence of Nix both Edwin Encarnacion and Mike McCoy will share the duties at 3rd, when EE isn't in the field he will DH.

It was also reported that last night Jesse Litsch was pulled from his start in Vegas after only 3 innings. This likely means that Hill is going to hit the DL as well and Jesse could be recalled under the emergency rules and start in the rotation in place of the demoted Cecil.

Late edit add: Apparently from those in the know - Hill is improving and the decision isn't solid yet but we will know tomorrow, Litsch would get recalled if he does go on the DL.

I think the Jays should partner up with AMC to help promote The Walking Dead, we are practically a walking billboard at this point....