Time isn't a straight line, it's all bumpy-wumpy - Gm 21 - Rays @ Jays

Another game another scheduled comeback. Last game it fell just short. Wouldn't it be nice to just not get in the position where we don't have to comeback against a good team? Just once. Please?

Quick News note: Aaron Hill is headed to the DL after this game, retroactively and Jesse Litsch will get the call to pitch on Tuesday.

Watching Morrow pitch yesterday was certainly encouraging, I was a bit puzzled when he got pulled but he was at 93 pitches, The team said before the game started that he wouldn't be on a pitch count and the game would dictate what he threw but I think that proved to be false. Either way 10Ks in 5+ innings went over quite well and if it wasn't for Damon connecting with a pitch in the first he would have been a whole lot better.  Meanwhile Sam Fuld continues to be a giant pain in our collective asses.

Today we have our number uno starter Ricky Romero taking the hill opposite James Shields of the Tampa Bay Rays. There are a few players on our team that have absolutely crushed Shields in the very few appearances they have seen him. Quite a few HR's and lots of good averages. Romero's last start against the Rays was last September and things didn't exactly go smoothly, he was rocked for 6ER in 4IP w/ 7Ks, He only gave up 3Hs, but he had 2HBP, 3BB to go along with them. James Shields last faced the Jays in that same series, he took the no-decision with 5IP 5R (4ER) w/4Ks, he gave up 7H, two of which were Home Runs surrendered to Bautista and Lind respectively.

2011 - Ricky Romero 1-2 4 4 1 0 0 0 26.0 24 12 9 2 9 24 3.12 1.27

2011 - James Shields 1-1 4 4 1 0 0 0 29.1 25 10 10 3 6 20 3.07 1.06

Lineups:

Today's Lineup vs. Rays: Patterson CF, Escobar SS, Bautista RF, Lind 1B, Rivera DH, Arencibia C, Snider LF, McDonald 3B, McCoy 2B

For the Rays:

#Rays lineup: Fuld lf, Damon dh, Zobrist rf, D. Johnson 1b, Upton cf, Lopez 3b, Rodriguez 2b, Shoppach c, Brignac ss,

Interesting notes: Patterson being promoted to lead off.... Don't know what he did to deserve it. Farrell was quoted that Escobar hits and runs better so he hits second and it speads out the lefties better... Rivera bats 5th because of his history against Shields (.467 avg in 18 Plate Appearances). Encarnacion is still out, but apparently should be good to go tomorrow and they are not thinking disabled list.

Current Series

3 game series vs Rays @ Rogers Centre

Fri 04/22 WP: Marc Rzepczynski (2 - 0)
LP: Adam Russell (1 - 1)
6 - 4 win
Sat 04/23 WP: David Price (3 - 2)
SV: Kyle Farnsworth
LP: Brandon Morrow (0 - 1)
4 - 6 loss

Tampa Bay Rays
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Sunday, Apr 24, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

James Shields vs Ricky Romero

Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around .

Complete Coverage >

Keep it Civil and Go Jays Go

Title from Last Nights Series Debut of Doctor Who