I Can't Hold My Breath Anymore: 4/25 Minor League Recap

Pretty poor day for our affiliates, but there were one or two bright spots.  Today's title comes from the song "Learned to Surf" off the most recent Superchunk record.

Las Vegas dropped a close one to Colorado Springs, 6-5.

Scott Podsednik, making a rehab start, was 0-5 with a walk and 3 Ks.  Dewayne Wise also made a rehab start and was 2-5 with two singles.

Brett Lawrie was 1-3 and struck out twice.  Lawrie also stole a base.  .421./470/.697

Eric Thames was 2-5 with a double.  .384/.459/.630

David Cooper was 3-3 with a double and a walk.  .408/.452/.645.

Thames (10), Cooper (12), and Lawrie (7) have 29 doubles between them.

Adam Loewen was 0-4 with a walk.

Darrin Mastroianni didn't start but did steal two bases as a pinch-runner.

Luis Perez made the start and struck out 8 through 5 2/3 innings, which was good.  Less good was that he walked 4 and gave up three runs, but it wasn't a bad start overall (6 groundouts, 2 flyouts).

Josh Roenicke gave up 3 runs in his inning.  Josh is struggling big time - 10 Ks and 10 walks in 9 1/3 innings, 2 home runs already besides, and a 10.61 ERA.

New Hampshire dropped its game to New Britain, 9-2.

Rajai Davis was struck on the wrist and left the game.  Wilner says nothing serious, but it may delay Davis just another day.

Anthony Gose was 0-4 with two Ks.

Adeiny Hechavarria was 1-4 with a double.

Moises Sierra was 1-4 with a two-run home run.  .300/.364/.450.

Travis d'Arnaud was 0-2.

Mike McDade was 0-4.

Marc Sobolewski was 1-3.

John Tolisano was 0-3.

Joel Carreno made the start and was good - 2 runs over 5 innings on 6 Ks and no walks (1 home run), but things fell apart when the bullpen picked up the game.

Dunedin was rained out.

Lansing lost 6-5 to Great Lakes.

Michael Crouse really did the only thing of note for the hitters by hitting a 2-run home run (his second of the season).  Other than him there were no extra-base hits.  Crouse also stole a base.

Gustavo Pierre was 2-3 and also stole two bases, but he also made two errors (11 so far on the season).

Casey Lawrence made the start and it wasn't his best work - 4 runs on 7 hits over 5 innings.  Lawrence did have 3 Ks and no walks, but only half of his batted ball outs were on the ground.