Publish My Love: Blue Jays 4/26 Minor League Recap

Two ugly games and one good one.

Las Vegas was thumped by Colorado Springs, 17-3:

Brett Cecil's start was an umitigated disaster.  Cecil gave up 11 runs (10 earned) on 13 hits (3 of which were home runs) and 3 walks, to only two Ks.  Cecil did get 9 groundouts to two in the air, but of course with that many extra-base hits (6), he wasn't keeping the ball down at all.  Brett had just one scoreless inning of the five in which he appeared.  Maybe it just wasn't the day for the 51s pitchers, since Chad Cordero and Danny Farquhar also gave up multiple runs and a plethora of hits in their appearances.

Brett Lawrie was 1-5 with a double.

Darrin Mastroianni was 3-4 with two doubles.  .265/.299/.349, but only 5/9 on the bases.

Brian Jeroloman was 2-2 with a walk.  .216/.362/.216.

Scott Podsednik and Dewayne Wise made rehab starts.

New Hampshire beat New Britain 6-5:

Zach Stewart, on the other hand, had another very nice start for New Hampshire.  Zach went 6 innings strong, and gave up just 2 runs (one of which was an inherited runner that later scored) on four hits.  He struck out 4 and walked 2, and had 5 groundball outs to 3 in the air.  Stewart has bounced back from a rough first start and now has a nice-looking 2.92 ERA and 14/7 K/BB ratio, though over 24 2/3 innings.  He's not in top form yet, but is getting the job done.

Rajai Davis made a rehab start.

Anthony Gose was 2-5 with a triple.  Gose did strike out twice, but good to see him with a good day.

Mike McDade was 3-4 with a double and a walk.  .333/.373/.476, with 4 walks and 15 Ks.

Marc Sobolewski was 1-4 with a double.  .224/.283/.245

John Tolisano walked twice. .161/.350/.226.

Yan Gomes was 1-4 with a two-run double.  .133/.133/.167

Dunedin was off

Lansing lost 5-3 to Great Lakes:

Oliver Dominguez was 2-4 with a double.  .325/.357/.475, and that was about it for the hitters.

Gustavo Pierre had a nightmare day, going 0-4 with three strikeouts and making 4 errors in the field at shortstop.  We've all had days like that, Gustavo.

Until next time!