That was a strange one: Jays beat Rangers

Blue Jays 5 Rangers 2

Quick recap, I gotta run.

How to explain that? We were tied in the top of the 9th. John McDonald gets a one out single. Yunel Escobar (pinch hitting)  singles, runners on the corner. Corey Patterson puts down a safety squeeze and beats it out, Mac scores. Jose Bautista walks. Adam Lind strikes out. Juan Rivera hits a slow grounder to Adrian Beltre, he boots it and Patterson scores. Then while the Rangers are getting sorted out, Bautista decides to run to third. Patterson is still there though. Bautista goes back, but pitcher Darren Oliver threw the ball past second and Patterson scores.

Interesting game. Brandon Morrow pitched a good 6 innings, 6 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 6 k. Marc Rzepczynski, Jason Frasor and Frank Francisco pitch the last three scoreless innings. Alexi Ogando had as good a start as Morrow but the Rangers pen didn't do the job.

We had 7 hits and 5 walks on the day. Adam Lind had a two run homer in the first after Bautista was walked.

Jays of the Day are Patterson (.196 WPA), Escobar (.182), Bautista (.148), Francisco (.135) and Rivera (.102). Scrabble and Frasor deserve honorable mention.

Scariest moment of the game? Pitch from Ranger reliever Pedro Strop came up and in on Bautista. At first it looked like it got him in the head but he got his hands us and took it off the wrist instead. He was down, in pain, for a bit but stayed in the game and we all started breathing again.

Tomorow we start a weekend series with the Yankees in New York.