FanPost

Loss of Power?

Not sure if it was from Friday or Saturday's game but I heard Buck or Pat comment on how people were wondering where the loss of power was going to come from this year.

What?

What people were wondering this? I haven't heard commentary/analysis from anybody, anywhere, wondering this question because I think it's obvious.

For starters, Wells, Overbay and John Buck are out, taking their 71 HRs from last season with them.

In, is JPA, Rajai and Rivera. I feel a quite conservative total for them collectively is 30.

That's a difference of ~40 HRs which if subtracted from last years team total, STILL leads the majors in bombs.

I figure the meaning of the question was that the Jays lived and died by the long ball, so a loss of power would directly result in losses on the scoreboard... but it has been apparent for a long time now that we are transforming into a speedier, more aggressive team on the basepaths which would easily help create runs.

Am I missing something? Or did the broadcast booth just feel like making a point that we still have power and score runs when to my knowledge, that issue never existed?