FanShot

Visualizing AL East Hitters

4

Beyond the Boxscore has a nice graph showing the wOBA of all AL East hitters with more than 100 PA. One thing I would draw your attention to: Among outfielders, super-star outfielder (Corey Patterson) has a higher wOBA than the $8M dollar man (Vlad Guerrero), American super-hero (Sam Fuld), 'How I Met Your Mother' star (Nick Swisher), Alex Rios clone (Nick Markakis), the human garden gnome (Juan Rivera) and the $140M dollar man (Carl Crawford). Take it for what it's worth.