Adam Lind to DL, Eric Thames Called Up

The Jays have decided that it will take Adam Lind a few more days before he is ready to play again, so they have put him on the DL retroactive to May 8th. To take his place on the roster they are calling up Eric Thames. As Thames wasn't on the 40-man, they designated Robert Ray for assignment.

It will be good to see Thames up with the Jays, I hope they let him play some. I would have called up Brett Lawrie, but I guess they feel that Thames is the better choice for a short term call up. With Lawrie they would have to play him, with Thames they can sit him on the bench if they want. I hope they don't. I'd rather see Thames at DH than Rivera.