Minor League Recap: Patience is the theme.

Las Vegas (won 9-8):

So you may have heard of this Lawrie guy. He went 3-for-3 with a walk yesterday. Oh, and a homerun. And a triple. He has 8 walks in his last 7 games. He had just 5 walks in 32 games before that. Small sample size, but a difference that big surely indicates some change in approach, right? Anyway, his line is now .337/.395/.615. And he laid down a sac bunt in the first to move McCoy over to 2nd base. If that's his manager's call then AA needs to go have a look and perhaps re-evaluate the status of the Vegas manager. Bunting with your best hitter in a hitter's haven like Vegas? Come on now.

Travis Snider is still struggling. He hit a double yesterday, but was just 1-for-5 and still hasn't hit a home run. I think we're all hoping he'll adjust his swing successfully and start hitting the ball out of the park again.

Brett Cecil had a good outing on Monday, going 6 innings with 5 strikeouts and one walk, getting 50% groundballs. He did give up 3 runs, but we'll cut him some slack since it's Vegas. Cecil seems to be on the way back. He's struck out at least 5 since his fist (and disastrous) start in Vegas.

New Hampshire (won 7-1):

Not only Brett Lawrie inspired the title of this post. No, Travis d'Arnaud, having drawn only 3 walks in 19 games, walked 4 times yesterday. After a bad start, he has really taken off. Let's hope he can stay injury free.

Adeiny Hechavarria went 2-for-5 with a double and a strikeout. He has been doing well as of late, but BABIP has not been kind to him (.222 average).

Anthony Gose went 3-for-4 with a strikeout and a hit by pitch yesterday. He is now up to a pretty respectable .268/.350/.345 line for the season.

Both Michael McDade (yesterday) and Moises Sierra (sunday) have hit their 5th home runs, but McDade also has 13 doubles and Sierra has just 3. Sierra strikes out a lot less though.

Joel Carreno pitched 6.1 innings yesterday, allowing just 2 hits and 1 run, with 5 walks and 8 strikeouts thrown in. Carreno seems to struggle with walks as he goes deeper into games, which supports the idea that he might be a reliever in the majors.

Dunedin (won 5-0):

Deck McGuire went 7 innings of shutout ball, with 6 strikeouts and no walks. But he did get just 21.4% of the balls to be hit on the ground. Over his last 17 innings he has struck out 20 and allowed just one run. Promising, but I wouldn't like that groundball percentage in Rogers Centre.

Justin Jackson has been doing well for a prolonged period of time now. He was 3-for-4 yesterday and is now hitting .300/.396/.422. He could yet become a utility player as his athleticism should allow him to play multiple positions well, which he is now doing in Dunedin.

Brad Glenn is creating quite a story for himself. The power hitter who doesn't draw many walks has hit 6 home runs in his last 10 games. He's now hitting .308/.344/.603. Want to see his line over his last 10? .462/.488/1.026

Nestor Molina pitched on Sunday, and struck out 6 while walking none in 5 innings with a groundball percentage above 70%. That's now 39 Ks against just 3 walks. You better start believing!

Lansing (lost 2-7):

Casey Lawrence was pitching on 2 extra days of rest and that might not have helped him, as he gave up 6 runs in 2 innings, walking one and striking out none.

Jake Marisnick was 1-for-4 with a double and a strikeout, but he also had a lineout.

Marcus Knecht continues to be the master of groundball singles, going 2-for-4 and raising his average up to .330.

Michael Crouse was also 2-for-4, raising his average up to .258, for those who think that is important. (I'm more inclined to point to his .349 OBP and >.200 ISO)

Carlos Perez is still slumping, he went 0-for-4 with 2 strikeouts.