Bullpen Blows One for Jo-Jo Reyes: Jays Lose to Astros.

Sorry Jo-Jo, hopefully next game we'll get your win. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Astros 5 Blue Jays 2

After a week that the bullpen only allow 2 runs, tonight they give up 5 runs in 2 innings.

The game turned on one ball/strike call. Two outs in the 8th, Jon Rauch has a full count on Michael Bourn. He throws a pitch that looked like it was right on the corner, from the overhead replay, but it gets called a ball. Next batter gets a soft roller right up the middle. I thought that it was going to be an easy out, but rolled through into center. Then a hard double off the wall scores both runners and the game is tied.

Frank Francisco came in for the 9th. I don't think Frank should be pitching consecutive days. He didn't have it. He got an 7 pitch strikeout to start the inning, but then a 9 pitch walk and home run and we were losing.

That wasted a nice night for Jo-Jo Reyes. Easily his best start of the season. 7 shutout innings, 5 hits, 1 walk and 7 strikeouts. Poor guy, thought he had his first win. If he can continue to pitch like that, he'll get his win sooner or later.

We should have scored more, we had 10 hits and 2 walks, but only the 2 runs. Aaron Hill had 3 hits, Juan Rivera and Rajai Davis had 2 each. The only guys not to hit were Jose Bautista (0 for 3, walk, k), Eric Thames (0 for 4, RBI, 2 k) and Jayson Nix (0 for 4, 3 k). Jayson is looking awful at the plate, still hasn't had a hit since coming back from the DL.

Juan Rivera is looking good at first base, he made a nice play on a pop fly foul near the wall and made a nice stretch on a Yunel Escobar throw. Add in the 2 hits and he's darn near useful.

Jays of the Day are Jo-Jo (.449 WPA), Aaron Hill (.141, I think his third JoD in a row) and Davis (.092). Suckage numbers go to Francisco (-.422), Rauch (-.249), Thames (-.125) and Nix (-.109).

Game two of the series is tomorrow at 1:00 Eastern, Hugo's favorite, Brett Myers (1-3, 4.79) goes against Brandon Morrow (2-2, 4.85),