Nice to Get a Win: Jays Beat White Sox.

White Sox 2 Blue Jays 4

Nice to see a win.

Decent start for Kyle, too many walks, yet again, but then only 3 hits in 6.2 innings. He did get some luck on some hard hit balls that found gloves. But then, if J.P. Arencibia could have held on to strike 3, with two outs in the 7th, he could have been in line for the win. When JP missed it, Alexei Ramirez made it to first and Farrell took Drabek out of the game.

Casey Janssen pitched an inning to get the win. Shawn Camp got the last out of the 8th. Jon Rauch pitched a good 9th to get his 6th save.

We got 12 hits but just 4 runs. 3 hits for Rajai Davis including a triple,. 2 each for our DH, Jose Molina, Juan Rivera (both doubles) and Yunel Escobar. Corey Patterson and Jayson Nix got 0 fors. That's 11 games without a hit for our 3Bs, if you want to keep count.

Jays of the Day are Escobar (.171 WPA), Drabek (.168), Camp (.106), Rivera (.103) and Molina (.098). Suckage numbers go to Patterson (-.120) and JP (-.116, even with a single and a run).

Other things:

  • Is there some rule that says Yunel has to squeeze bunt every time a runner is on third? I think the squeeze is a good play and all, but it only works when it is a surprise. You do it every time, it isn't much of a surprise.
  • JP took a ball off his thumb early in the game, but couldn't leave the game, as Molina was in the game as DH. JP had a hard time catching balls after that. There was a couple of passed balls and a couple of wild pitches after that. Hope the thumb is ok tomorrow.
  • The strangest looking double steal was pulled by Molina (honest) and Davis. It looked like Davis faked a steal of third and Molina went for second, the throw came to second, so Davis took off for third and was just safe.

Tomorrow Carlos Villanueva gets his second start in a row. Edwin Jackson starts for the White Sox. It is a 1:00 start.