FanPost

Danny Perales?

Does anybody know anything about this guy? The best info I found on him was a scout.com article from 3.5 years ago. Apparently he's a plus defender at all 3 OF positions with plus range and a plus arm. He doesn't have much power, but can spray the ball well. They compared him to a Reed Johnson. Reed was one of my fav Jays, I'd love to get a guy like that on our bench.

I can see why he wasn't much of a prospect last season, being 25 and not yet having conquered A ball. Last season he went through A, AA, and AAA, posting good lines at all 3. His ceiling obviously isn't that high, but after just 50-ish games last season, he's showing well in AAA this season. Compared to Mastroianni, he appears much more major league ready, and they're the same age.

With his versitility, is there a reason nobody considers him our future at the all important fourth-outfielder spot? Has he been injured a lot? If you know of any more recent scouting reports on him, fire away, I'm curious as to why this guy seems invisible.