FanPost

Whatever happened to Jose Bautista, the one that played 3B?

As the string of futility by Jays 3rd baseman reaches proportions somewhere beyond epic, it has struck me that there seems to be little talk about our starting 3rd baseman as of one week or so before the season started - one Jose Bautista!  We have a few parts on the roster that play outfield (currently Eric Thames comes to mind) but not too much at 3rd base.  His career games played, starts and total innings played at 3rd and in the outfield are almost the same (357/318/2826 at 3rd, 368/326/2959.2 in the OF).

Why do you think Bautista has been all but forgotten as an option at 3rd base?  Would the change really put his stunning offensive output of late at risk?  And if you were John Farrell would you approach the best player in baseball that somehow some people have still not heard of and see what his thoughts are about playing third once in a while?  Does it seem odd that this isn't more of a topic of discussion?