FanPost

Now They're Making Up New Stats To Prove Bautista Is The Best (BSR)

Fangraphs has come up with a new stat, it has nothing to do with hitting or arm strength, and Bautista is still clearly the best player on our team as measured by that stat. The stat in question is ultimate base running, the inverse of UZR. It's really a very simple formula, with a couple flaws, but enough data to be useful. FG's guide to it is a great kickstart and it makes sense immediatly! :)

Do you get the feeling that maybe he's just smarter than most baseball players? He just does things smart, and right. It's great to have a stat that confirms that.