FanPost

MLBTraderumors Elias Rankings May 30, 2011

Tom: Here I am struggling with a post about Aaron Hill rating as a Type-A and how this could play into picking up his option, I look on the site and bluejaysstatsgeek has beaten me to it. Anyway, if Aaron stays as a Type-A, it makes for an interesting decision. If they decline the options on his contract, they would have to tender him arbitration to receive the draft picks if someone else signed him. Would Aaron decline the arbitration? Would another team sign him if it meant losing a draft pick?

Anyway, I think there is no change Molina stays as a Type-B, he won't play enough to keep it. Other catchers will be playing more and past him by.

The rest is bluejaysstatsgeek...

MLBTraderumors has posted it's first take on the Elias rankings.  Of note to Bluejay fans:

Jose Molina (FA) is listed as a Type B free agent, albeit the lowest ranked Type B.  Bye-Bye Jose if this keeps up!

More after the jump

JBau (TC) is no surprise, a type A and ranked #2 to Miguel Cabrera.  Copa (FA) and Juan Rivera (FA) will have to continue to hit to get to Type B status.  Davis and Lind also do not rank, but both are under team control.

Yunel (TC) and Aaron Hill (FAwO) are noth Type A currently.  Hill could be a candidate for non-tender.

E5 (FAwO) is a lonnnng way from getting a rating, although he ranks ahead of Johnny Mac (FA) who ranks ahead fo Nix (TC) and McCoy (TC).

All of our starters are under team control.  Only Ricky has a status - Type A.

Camp (FA) is Type A while Frasor (FAwO), Fransisco (FA), Rauch (FAwO), Dotel (FAwO), Janssen (TC), Villanueva (TC), Rzepczynski (TC) are all Type B.

Explanations:  FA = Free Agent, FAwO = Free Agent with Option, TC = Team Control, either under contract or not eligible for free agency.