Jon Rauch Gets His First Blown Save of the Year

Blue Jays 2 Rays 3

Jo-Jo almost got his first major league win since June 13, 2008, but Jon Rauch couldn't hold a 1 run lead in the ninth. A single then a home run served up to B.J. Upton and Rauch gets his first blown save after having 5 successful saves. Blown saves happen but it is too bad that it cost Reyes the win.

 Reyes had his best start of the year. 6 innings, 4 hits, 1 walk, 4 k and just 1 earned run though seeing that he had just 2 ground outs to 10 fly outs, there was some luck involve. I'd imagine he has bought himself at least one more start. Shawn Camp and Marc Rzepczynski each pitched a perfect inning in relief.

Offensively, we didn't do enough in Jose Bautista's absence. 7 hits on the day, 2 each for Corey Patterson, Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion and 1 for J.P. Arencibia. Edwin had both of our extra base hits with 2 doubles. Other than that, Yunel Escobar, hitting in Jose's 3 spot in the order, took 2 walks.

Jays of the Day are Reyes (.250 WPA), EE (.148), Scrabble (.132), Camp (.102) and Lind (.102). Suckage numbers go to Rauch (-.818), Rivera (-.150, I hope his little hot streak hasn't ended, he hasn't hit in the last two games) and Davis (-.125).

Tomorrow at 6:40 (?) Eastern Brandon Morrow (0-1, 3.97) goes against Jeff Niemann (1-3, 5.60).

Looks like we'll be without AL Player of the Month, Jose Bautista, till the weekend, no 'structural damage' they say but he was really sore today.