FanPost

MLB Partners in 'It Gets Better' Campaign

Mariners Latest to Join 'It Gets Better' Campaign

The Seattle Mariners have announced they will be the 4th MLB team to record a video for the 'It Gets Better' Project created by Dan Savage.

The San Francisco Giants have already released their video, with the Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox having announced they will be releasing videos in the coming weeks. The 'It Gets Better' Project is meant to send a message of hope for LGBT youth who face bullying and discrimination. It was conceived of as a response to a spate of LGBT youth suicides over the last year.

The question is where are the Toronto Blue Jays on this campaign? Toronto is considered the second most important LGBT positive cities in North America, after San Fransisco, and the nexus of that community is a kilometre from the Rogers Centre. Considering the size and importance of the Toronto Pride Festival starting in two weeks, do you think the Jays should be involved in this campaign? Or is it an unnecessary injection of politics into sports?