Brett Cecil

Last night Brett Cecil had another good start in Vegas. A 4 hit shutout. He walked 2 and struck out 7. That's his second straight home complete game in a row. The other he allowed 1 run, with 6 hits, 3 walks and 6 strikeouts. I am skipping the bad road start in between. Yeah the in between start was bad, 3.1 innings, 10 hits, 2 homers but I'm going to write that one off as a bad day.

I don't know know much about his velocity, John Lott said his fastball was hitting 90 at the end of yesterday's game. Cecil on twitter said:

Thanks everyone for all the tweets...definitely feeling like my old self again...hopefully not too long now!

Brett is 8-2 with a 5.21 ERA in 10 starts for Vegas, he has 20 walks with 51 strikeouts and he's getting ground outs.

I was wondering how much longer the until the Jays bring Brett up to Toronto. I'd like to see him soon, I mean it isn't like out starters are all doing terrific. Brett was 15-7 for us last year and we were hoping for more of the same this year. I don't know, it seemed to me like he got too caught up in worrying about what the radar gun was saying. I kind of figure that during spring the pitchers should forget about what the radar gun reads.

This season has been different than I hoped it would be. I hoped that we'd let the young guys have time in the majors, so that next year we won't be dealing with a bunch of players trying to figure out the big leagues. But that hasn't been the way it has been going. I would like to see Cecil back so he can remember how to get major leaguers out.

Anyway, what do you think? Is it time for the Jays to bring him back to Toronto?