Casey Janssen Put on DL, John McDonald Activated

Someone had to leave with John McDonald coming off the DL. I was hoping that they wouldn't send Casey Janssen to Vegas and they didn't. Instead they put on him the DL with a forearm strain. I wonder if they went to him with the choice of 'go to Vegas or go on the DL'? I guess I shouldn't be suggesting that the Jays are playing fast and loose with the rules, but it does seem like things worked out for the best.

Update: Looks like Janssen's injury is real, John Lott Twitted this:

Janssen injury on inside of forearm just below elbow. Said he first felt it in CWS series 2 weeks ago. Going to Fla. for rehab/MRI