Tim Hudson Beats Jays With the Arm and the Bat

ATLANTA - JUNE 20: Ricky Romero #24 of the Toronto Blue Jays reacts after giving up a home run by Tim Hudson #15 of the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field on June 20, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)

Blue Jays 0 Braves 2

So Tim Hudson pitches 8 innings, allows 2 hits and a walk, striking out 8 and hits a 2 run homer. Gotta tip your hand to that. The pitch to Hudson was a poor pitch, but then you don't expect the pitcher to take it out of the park. Craig Kimbrel came in with 2 on in the 9th and struck out Corey Patterson, Jose Bautista and Adam Lind.

Ricky Romero pitched a good game, minus the mistake to Hudson. He went 7, gave up 6 hits walked 2 and struck out 4.

Just one of those games, we couldn't get anything going against Hudson.

No Jays of the Day. Mike McCoy had the top number at .074 for the walk in the 9th. Romero had a .063, I'd give him the JoD if it wasn't the pitcher that took him deep. Bautista  (-.163)  and Patterson (-.150) had suckage numbers, mostly off not being able to hit Kimbrel.

Tomorrow Zach Stewart gets his second major league start. Braves have lefty Mike Minor (0-2, 5.47) going up against the Jays. It has to be a better game than tonight's, right?