FanPost

Some open Questions

1. Is Yunel Escobar 2011 the Jays' best shortstop ever?

It is closer than you might think.  Yunel is on pace for 4.1 WAR.  Tony Fernandez had 4.3 WAR in 1987 (injury shortened) and 1990.  Tony Batista only had 2.8 WAR in 2000 despite hitting 41 HR's.  Yunel's WAR of 4.5 in 2009 with the Braves is higher than any Jay has accumulated (unless I am missing someone).

2.  Are we playing the same season over and over again, reminiscent of the film Groundhog's Day?

It sure seems that way.

3.  Who will win a championship first, the Jays or any Canadian NHL team?

I'll go with the Jays, but I'm biased.  The Jays have the most recent championship btw.

4.  Who is the fastest Bluejay ever?

Home to first - Junior Felix

First to Home - Devon White

Basestealing - Roberto Alomar

I may be forgetting some people.  Incidentally, Junior Felix and Devon White were traded for each other.

5.  Is the 2011 season finished as far as playoff aspirations go?

Not quite, but it is getting close.