FanPost

How much longer for Dwayne Murphy?

As I watch the Jays continue to struggle at the plate, I can't help but wonder how long does Murphy keep his job if the ship can't right itself.  I hate to see anyone fired, but really I don't see what his approach has done to better the Jays the last 2 years.  The team's OBP has been terrible, Aaron Hill and Adam Lind have not been the same since he took over - Lind had to go back to his old batting coach from school to right himself last winter, Travis Snider couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat by the time he went to the minors and the list goes on, there just seem to be so many players on this team not hitting to their potential.  Before anyone brings up Jose Bautista - remember he was finding his way a couple of Septembers ago when he hit 10 dingers that month.  Maybe it's time for a fresh approach from our hitting coach/instructor - just a thought.