Blue Jays Recall Brett Cecil

They remember him.

No, actually they are bringing him up from Vegas and sending Zach Stewart back to New Hampshire.

I thought Stewart had a pretty good start last night, but I figured he wasn't here for long, no matter what happened, I hope he is ok with going back to Double-A. I'm sure we'll see more of him in time.

You all know Brett Cecil's story. He had 12 starts with Vegas,  going 8-2 with a 5.26 ERA. In his last three starts posted a 1-0 record with a 3.27 ERA, including a shutout on June 13 vs. Colorado Springs. I'm glad he is back up with the team and hope that's his last view of the minors. After winning 15 games last year, I thought he was here to stay.

Also the Jays say they are moving Carlos Villanueva's next start to July 2. That way he will only have 2 more starts before the All-Star break, helping the Jays manage his innings.

Glad to have you back Brett.