Who's Up, Who's Down on the Jays This Week: May 27 to June 2

Our Blue Jays were 4 and 2 this week. Since there lost the last two games it is hard to remember that it was a pretty good week.

Rotation

Ricky Romero

One start, one win. 7 innings, 6 hits and 2 earned. He's been great.

Arrow_down_3

Kyle Drabek Two starts on the week, the on Wednesday was ugly ugly. 2 outs, 3 hits, 3 walks. Not good. The he other start was pretty good, 6.2 innings, only 3 hits but 5 walks and just 2 earned, picking up the win. He had a pretty good May, so I'm hoping Wednesday was a one time thing.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Jesse Litsch

On to the DL still.

Arrow_up_3

Jo-Jo Reyes

One game, a complete game, shutout one run, win. I think we can give that an up arrow.

Arrow_down_3

Brandon Morrow

One start, and it wasn't good. 5 innings, 9 hits, 6 earned, 2 walks and 9 strikeouts. It seems that every pitch doesn't miss a bat it becomes a hit. He has been hit for a .368 BABIP so far this year, I'd have to think it can't stay that high. He started last season with a very high BABIP too.

The Rest

Arrow_down_3

Shawn Camp

Pitched 4 times this week, two were good, two were terrible. Sunday he gave up 2 earned in an inning of work, then Wednesday it was 7 runs, 6 earned in 1.2 innings. In two games he managed to raise his ERA from 1.80 to 4.23. Batters hit .429/.478/.905 against him this week.

Arrow_up_3

Octavio Dotel

In 2 games, he faced 7 hitters and got 6 of them out. The other guy hit a triple, but still good work. 2 innings, 1 hit, no walks and 2 strikeouts.

Arrow_up_3

Jason Frasor

2 games, he faced 11 batters and gave up 2 hits and a walk. With 2 strikeouts. He's having a great season.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Casey Janssen

In 3 games, 3 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned, 1 walk and 3 k. In 14 at bats, opponents hit .308/.357/.385 against him. Not a bad week, but he's been better.

Arrow_up_3

Jon Rauch

Pitched in 2 games, 3 innings, 3 hits, 3 k, no runs. Not too bad.

   Arrow_up_3

Marc Rzepczynski

A slow week for Scrabble, he only pitched in 2 game. He deserves a light week, he is leading the pitchers in appearances. He faced 11 batters, gave up 1 hit and 2 walks, no runs.

  Arrow_down_3

Carlos Villanueva

I should move him up with the starting pitchers. He made his second start, it didn't go near as well as his first. He gave up 6 runs, 5 earned in 5 innings. 8 hits and a walk, with 4 strikeouts. We'll see how his next start goes.

Arrow_down_3

Frank Francisco

He pitched in 3 games, got a blown save and then pitched in 2 losses. He isn't doing well. He faced 13 batters, gave up 5 hits, 2 doubles, no walks and struck out 2. He also lost his closer job.

Arrow_up_3

Luis Perez Pitched in two games, getting the win in the 14 inning win against the White Sox. He faced 20 batters this week and allowed 3 singles and a double. He's been terrific as a long man, if he keeps pitching like this, we almost have to let him have a start or two.

Arrow_up_3

J.P. Arencibia

Started 5 of the 6 games. Hit .333/.364/.381, only one extra base hit, a double. But still, hitting .333 is pretty good. He hurt his thumb last Friday, I wonder if that has cost him some power.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Adam Lind

He should be back this weekend.

Arrow_down_3

Aaron Hill

Played in all 6 games, he hit his first home run of the season, a grand slam, but didn't have a good week with the bat, .208/.240/.375.

Arrow_up_3

Yunel Escobar

 He had another amazing week with the bat, .391/.517/.565. I like him more every week.

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Hit great in very limitted at bats. 10 plate appearances, 4 hits including his first home run and 2 walks. A .500/.600/.875 line. I have doubts that he'll get many more than 10 at bats in a week for the rest of the season.

Arrow_up_3

Corey Patterson

He had a great week, the walk off homer by itself would have made it a great week. He started all 6 games, hitting .379/.367/.586. Yes his OBP was lower than his batting average, I don't know why but the stats guys decided to count sac flies as at bats for OBP. I'd really like him to walk some, but it isn't going to happen so I should just enjoy what he does do during these hot streaks.

Arrow_up_3

Rajai Davis

He had a good week too, hit his first homer of the season, had 2 triples and 2 doubles. .360/.385/.720 with 7 runs and 7 RBI. 2 stole bases and 2 time caught.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

Just 1 home run. It almost seems like a waste of a week. But he hit .478/.571/.696. He almost hit .500 on the week! He is quite willing to go the other way against the shift. He scored 6 runs and drove in 8. Jose said that he was surprise that teams put on the shift against him and then pitch him away.

Arrow_down_3

Juan Rivera

Played first in all 6 games. He didn't hit that well this week, .233/.233/.400. Scored once and drove in 5. I could have sworn he had a better week than that. He looks surprisingly good with the glove at first base, not much for range but catches what he can get to.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

John McDonald

On the DL. Sounds like he'll be ready to be activated when his 15 days are up.

Arrow_up_3

Jayson Nix

He only had 5 hits on the week but 4 were for extra bases, 2 doubles, a triple and a home run. Batting line of .238/.273/.571. Considering he was 0 for the week before, that is enough for an up arrow.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Molina

Played 2 games, had 10 at bats, and had 5 hits, all singles, but yeah thats an up arrow. DHed Monday, much to our collective laughter but went 2 for 4 with an RBI. He also stole a base this week.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Eric Thames

Eric started 4 games and got into one of the others. The batting line isn't bad, .278/.350/.389. His only extra base hit was a triple. I'd expect the power will come if he keeps getting playing time. I am worried that he will be sent down when Lind and Lawrie are added to the team. I'd like to keep him around.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams