Bluebird Links - Drabek, Draft Talk and Propsect Reviews

TORONTO, CANADA - JUNE 1: Kyle Drabek #4 of the Toronto Blue Jays leaves the field after being pulled in the first inning during game action against the Cleveland Indians June 1, 2011 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Brad White/Getty Images)

Sorry for the complete lack of Link posts this week.  Life has been ridiculously busy, and I have hardly had time to check out this site, never mind all the others I need to check to put a post together.

Jays Links

Send Kyle Drabek Down!
I think Callum Hughson makes a few good points here. What do you think the Jays should do with Drabek? Let him take his lumps in the majors, or let him work thinks out in the minors?  Maybe I'll put up a poll.

Blue Jays plan to be aggressive at Draft
The Jays sound like they're willing to go over slot again this year. Not unexpected news, but good news nonetheless. Andrew Tinnish (director of amateur scouting) also talks about the value of having their scouting team in place for over a year now.

One Third Done - Prospect Review
Gerry at Batter's Box grades the Dunedin and Lansing prospects so far, and the news looks pretty good. He'll follow up with New Hampshire and Las Vegas soon, so keep an eye out for that.

Keep reading for more Links.

Bautista is AL Player of the Month for May | bluejays.com: News

The slugger, who missed five games because of neck spasms, still led the AL in homers for the fifth straight month dating back to July 2010. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, he's the first Major Leaguer to do so since Jimmie Foxx accomplished the feat from June 1933 to April 1934.

Neat!

Jays wary of June swoon
Newsflash - the Jays haven't played very good in June. Hopefully they play a little better this year than in years past.

One Man Gang
Ghostrunner with another post about the awesomness of Jose Bautista.

Stewart stuck in double-A
Bob Elliot wonders if it's time for Zach Stewart to move up.

More Adeiny Hechavarria Footage
1BlueJaysWay has some footage of Adeiny Hechavarria.

Around the League

World Baseball Classic Field Expands
There will now be 28 teams in the tournament, with 16 teams (including Canada) playing in a qualifying round. Callum Hughson at Mop-Up Duty discusses how this effects team Canada.  I wonder how many of team Canada's stars will be allowed, or interested in playing in a qualifying round?

Proposed Trade: Billy Butler to the Rays
FanGraphs makes a case for the Rays trading for Royals firstbaseman, Billy Butler. If they didn't have Lind, Encarnacion and Rivera, I'd be interested in seeing the Jays make a run at a guy like Butler.

The Criminally Underrated Ryan Zimmerman
Zimmerman wasn't selected in a 30 person "Franchise Player Draft" by ESPN's baseball contributors. Even though Longoria was picked in the top 3.

This Year’s All-Star Travesty: Matt Joyce’s Snub
Joyce is having a great season and hopefully the Al coaching staff adds him to the team, but did anyone really expect the guy to actually get voted into the all-star game?