2011 MLB Draft: Jays Take RHP Tyler Beede With First Round Pick

A bit of a surprise there, Tyler Beede is a big, right-handed pitcher. At 18 he is 6'4" 200 lb. He was thought to be a tough sign as he has said he was committed to go to Vanderbilt. I'm taking it that the Jays know something. Fastball that can hit 95, good change up and a curve. Apparently working on a slider.

He was 7-1 at Auburn last year, with 114 strikeouts in 56.1 innings.

We'll add to this later, but is an interesting pick.

John Lott on his 'signability'.

Latest News