Blue Jays Lose to Royals in Extras

KANSAS CITY, MO - JUNE 6: Corey Patterson #16 of the Toronto Blue Jays slides back to first base on a pickoff attempt by the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium on June 5, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by G. Newman Lowrance/Getty Images)

Blue Jays 2 Royals 3

That wasn't fun, we had trouble against someone named Felipe Paulino. He went 6.2 and we managed all of 3 hits against him. Later, Joakim Soria, having a terrible season, pitches 2 hitless innings. In 11 innings we had 5 hits.

And even though we couldn't hit we had a good shot at willing. Brandon Morrow pitched a great 6 innings. Just 2 hits, 3 walks, 5 k and an unearned run. Shawn Camp started the 7th, gave up a hit but got two outs. Marc Rzepczynski came in with 1 on and 2 out and walked 3 straight batters to bring in the tying run. It looked like he was all around the plate but couldn't get one over or at least, couldn't get one called a strike.

Octavio Dotel, Casey Janssen and Jason Frasor kept it tied through the 8th, 9th and 10th. Then Frank Francisco came in for the 11th. He gave up a bunt single on a ball that he really should have make the play on. He really didn't look graceful. A ground ball single gave the Royals runners on first and second. A bunt and an intentional walk loaded the bases. Mike McCoy made a great catch on a line drive. Then Eric Hosmer hit a looping single into center to win the game.

I'd point out guys that looked bad at the plate, but really everyone did. Escobar had a terrible time. Patterson was 0 for 4 with a walk. Lind was 0 for 4 was 2 k. Rivera 1 for 5 with 3 k. Arencibia 1 for 5. Davis 0 for 5.

We did have some Jays of the Day: Morrow (.231 WPA), Dotel (.226), Frasor (.142, despite being run over at first), and Janssen (.142). Suckage numbers go to Francisco (-.358), Scrabble (-.306). Escobar (-.332), Davis (-.200) Rivera (-.142) and Patterson (-.106).

 Tomorrow Kyle Drabek (3-4, 4.69) goes for the Jays. Vin Mazzaro (0-0, 22.74) starts for the Royals. He has given up 17 hits in 6.1 innings. Please guys let's light him up.

Lots going on on the site today, first day of the MLB draft. It continues tomorrow with round two, starting at 11 Eastern. It will move faster than it did today.