Who is Up and Who is Down on the Blue Jays: Week of June 24 to 30

Almost forgot about doing this this week. The Jays were 4-3 on the week.

Arrow_down_3
    Brett            Cecil                          He's back, his first start wasn't a great one, but he's back up with the team. Tough to give him a down arrow when he gets called up from the minors, but he went 6.1 innings, gave up 8 hits, 3 walks, got 6 k and allowed 6 earned.

Arrow_up_3

Ricky Romero

A complete game shutout. Just 4 hits, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. Can't do too much better.

Arrow_up_3

Carlos Villanueva Picked up his 5th win. A pretty good start, he went 6 innings, 5 hits, just 1 walk and 3 k. He's done quite well as a starter, I keep sort of thinking it has to end, at some point, but I've got no real reason to think that.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Zach Stewart

Zach pitched the 1 game, against the Tigers, before being sent back to New Hampshire. He only allowed 2 runs but gave up 9 hits, just 1 walk, with 4 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Jo-Jo Reyes

Jo-Jo just had the one start, a loss to Pittsburgh. He gave up 9 hits, 6 earnd, 1 walk, with 5 k.

Arrow_up_3

Brandon Morrow

Brandon pitched two games this week, and the team won both of them. He went 7 innings in both games, allowed 9 hits, 4 walks, and struck out 19 with 4 earned runs, so it was a pretty good week for him. He got the win in one of the games a 2-1 win over the Pirates

The Rest

Arrow_around_3_medium

Shawn Camp

Camp pitched in 3 games, for 2.1 innings. batters went 2 for 8, with 2 walks and a triple against him. 1 earned run. Not a bad week, but not great either.

Arrow_around_3_medium

 Octavio Dotel

A pretty light work week for Dotel, he got in 2 games for a total of 1 inning. He faced 4 batters and got 3 out, 1 hit.

Arrow_up_3

Jason Frasor

Frasor pitched in 3 games, 1 inning each. No runs, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 k. He had a win and a hold.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Casey Janssen

They said the MRI showed no 'structural damage'. He should be back after his 15 days are up.

Arrow_up_3

Jon Rauch

In 2 games, he faced 10 batters, allowed 2 singles and hit a batter.

Arrow_up_3

Marc Rzepczynski

He was in 3 games, pitched 2 innings, took a loss. Faced 6 batters and got 5 out, allowed 1 single, who came around to score after he left the game. So he had a good week even with taking the loss.

Arrow_up_3

Frank Francisco

In 3 games, pitching the 9th in each, he got 2 saves and the team won the other one. He gave up 2 hits and a walk, with 3 strikeouts and an unearned run.

Arrow_up_3

Luis Perez

Luis got into 2 games, 3 innings in 1 game and .1 in the other. he faced 12 batters, got 10 of them out, gave up a single and a homer. He is doing much better than I thought he could.

Arrow_around_3_medium

J.P. Arencibia

JP played in 5 of the 7 games and had 2 hits, both of them homers, and 2 walks and was hit by a pitch. His line is .167/.333/.667.

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

.230/..300/.385 in his 7 games, He drove in 4 and had 1 HR. Not a great week.

Arrow_down_3

Aaron Hill

Hit .241/..267/..310 so not a good week. Drove in 2 runs, didn't score any.

Arrow_up_3

Yunel Escobar

 A very good week for Yunel, .379/..438/.531. What are the odds that he makes the All-Star team?

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin played in 6 of the 7 games, this past week, missing 1 with a sore back. Hit .250/.250/.708. Would have been ok if he had taken a walk, but he hit 3 home runs and 2 doubles on the week.

Arrow_down_3

Corey Patterson

He played in all 7 games, starting 4 of them. .167/..250/..389. He hit a home run this week and took two walks. Also had more than his share of troubles in the outfield.

Arrow_down_3

Rajai Davis

Played in all 7 games, starting 5 of them. I guess you all likely know but he didn't hit much at all .118/.118/.235. both his hits were doubles. I'd rather watch Travis Snider out there.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

He's back, hit .333/.467/.708. Scored and drove in 5 runs, 2 homers, 3 doubles.

Arrow_down_3

Juan Rivera

Started 4 games and got into 2 others. .235/..235/.412. He hit 1 homer and 1 double and stole a base.

Arrow_around_3_medium

John McDonald

Only had 1 at bat on the week. He was a defensive replacement 2 other times.

Arrow_down_3

Jayson Nix

Just 3 at bats, only started the 1 game and got into another as a pinch runner.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Jose Molina

Started 3 games this week. .333/.333/.333

Arrow_up_3

Eric Thames

He's looked great since coming back. .318/.318/.636. It would be ok if he would take a walk. Had 1 homer, 1 triple and 2 doubles.