Jose Bautista Hits 2 Home Runs: Jays Beat Indians

Blue Jays 5 Indians 4 (10 innings)

We are so lucky to have the best player in baseball on our team. Jose Bautista hit a home run in the 3rd inning, then in the 10th he hits another, number 31 for the season.

He really shouldn't have needed to hit the 2nd home run. Brandon Morrow had a good game, he pitched 8 innings, gave up just 3 hits, 2 walks, while striking out 8. He did give up the 2 run homer to Grady Sizemore that just cleared the wall him RF. He is still my favorite pitcher to watch, you never know when he is going to do something special.

Jon Rauch, the closer du jour, came into the game in the 9th with a 1 run lead and gave up a leadoff single to Travis Hafner. 2 ground outs moved his pinch runner, Austin Kearns, to 3rd and Travis Buck doubled him home. Thankfully he got out of the inning with the game still tied.

After Bautista's homer in the top of the 10th, Shawn Camp got the game's 2nd try at the save, the 4 straight singles he gave up last night didn't stop Farrell from giving him another chance. This time it he got 3 quick outs. Thank you Shawn.

We had 10 hits, Bautista's 2 home runs plus 3 hits for Adam Lind, 2 doubles for Jose Molina, and one hit each for Eric Thames, Mike McCoy and Travis Snider

Jays of the Day are Bautista (.440 WPA), Lind (.298), Camp (.173) and Molina (.121). Suckage numbers go to Rauch (-.310), Hill (-.160, 0 for 5 but a couple of nice plays in the field) and Encarnacion (-.109).

Tomorrow the Jays have their last game before the All-Star break. Brett Cecil (1-4, 6.37). Brett pitched an 8 inning compete game in his last start against the Red Sox. Cleveland has Carlos Carrasco (8-5, 3.95) trying to even up the 4 game series. It would be a good thing to go into the break on a 3 game willing streak.