Eric Thames Homers, Good Start for Brett Cecil: Blue Jays Beat Indians

Blue Jays 7 Indians 1

A really good start for Brett Cecil, he had a bit of trouble in the first inning, he and the umpire seemed to be having trouble finding the strike zone. He walked 2 and gave up a single in the first but got out of the inning without a run scoring, with the help of a popped up bunt. After that he cruised along for 6 innings, giving up just 1 unearned run, due to an Adam Lind error.

Luis Perez pitched 2 good innings of relief and Jason Frasor pitched the 9th.

We got some offense too. Eric Thames had 3 hits, with the homer, 2 runs, 2 RBI. Jose Bautista had a single and double, with 2 RBI. J.P. Arencibia had 2 hits and a walk. Corey Patterson and Travis Snider each had a double. Only starters not to hit were Aaron Hill (who was robbed twice) and Adam Lind.

Jays of the Day are Thames (.205 WPA), Cecil (.174) and JP (.112). No one had suckage numbers.

Great series, minus a bullpen meltdown we would have won all 4 games, but 3 of 4 is pretty good.

Congratulations to Ricky Romero, very deservedly added to the All-Star team. Everyone but him and Jose get the next 3 days off to rest up for the second half of the season.

That was very enjoyable game, but I'm happy for three days off too.