FanPost

Minor League Pitching Stats, Part 2.

Okay, I had some free time so I've decided to do part 2 of this series, this will be from our Short-Season A Affiliate Vancouver Canadians, down to the our Dominican Summer League affiliate the DSL Blue Jays..

Starting off with the Vancouver Canadians, the pitchers that stuck out to me when I looked at this list were Jesse Hernandez and Justin Nicolino, Hernandez has posted a 2.59 ERA, whipping 1.32, a SO/IP ratio of 18 to 24, while Nicolino has posted a dominate 1.13 ERA, while whipping 0.83, and having a tremendous SO/IP ratio of 32/24.
Vancouvercandadians_medium

via img843.imageshack.us

Next up is the Bluefield Blue Jays, the promising pitchers for Bluefield this year are Noah Syndergaard and David Rollins, both post very low ERA's both are under 1.50, both have very good strikeout numbers, Syndergaard being the better one as he is striking out more than a batter and inning, and both whipping low, Rollins having the lower whip at 0.65 which is just ridiculous, but the thing I don't like is that Aaron Sanchez is struggling with and ERA over 8 and whipping 2.00.
Bluefieldbluejays_medium

via img819.imageshack.us

Next up is the GCL Blue Jays, the pitcher who's stats jumped out at me was Tucker Jensen who is having a good season down there so far, posting an ERA just over 2, whipping 0.70, and striking out just under a batter an inning. The other very promising pitchers down here, Griffin Murphy and Adonys Cardona are sporting ERA's of 5 and 4.91, both are striking out over a batter an inning and not bad whip's of 1.22 and 1.27, hopefully they can improve throughout the year, and also highly praised international free agent signee last year Julio Carmona has been doing okay, but I think there is tons of room for improvement for this youngster.
Gclbluejays_medium

via img834.imageshack.us

And now on to our final team of this series which is the DSL Blue Jays, a lot of the pitchers down here are enjoying good seasons down here so far, one of those is highly praised signee in 2011 Jairo Labour, he hasn't allowed a run yet in the DSL, hes almost striking out 1 batter per inning, and he has a very low whip of 1.05.
Dslbluejays_medium

via img24.imageshack.us

Okay, well that is the end, rec this if you enjoyed reading my write up about our minor leaguers and have a great day, and also DON'T FORGET TO VOTE THE POLL!