FanPost

AAA and AA All-Star Games

The major leaguers aren't the only ones taking a few days off for All-Star game festivities. The AAA and AA All-Star games were both played today and both featured players from the Blue Jays farm teams.

Brad Mills started for the PCL All-Stars in the AAA All-Star Game as did Zach Stewart for the Eastern League East All-Stars. In AA, New Hampshire hosted the Eastern League All-Star Game with several participants taking part in the game in front of their home crowd.

Brad Mills went 2 innings and gave up 3 runs on a 3-run HR. The pitch was a mistake, a fastball up in the zone. Otherwise he looked decent, showing a good change-up. The defense behind him, although they did turn a DP, was shaky, committing an error during his time on the mound and also misplaying a fly ball that should have been caught for an out.

Watching this game has been pretty entertaining. A bunch of players are mic'd up on field and there have been a lot of interviews with players in the dugout. It's pretty cool in my opinion.

The Eastern League All-Star Game was played in New Hampshire's home park and it featured several Fisher Cats. Zach Stewart, Joel Carreno,  Adeiny Hechavarria, Travis d'Arnaud, Mike McDade, and Moises Sierra all got some playing time in the game. The Eastern League West All-Stars came out on top 8-3.

Stewart started and gave up 2 runs in 2 innings. He gave up a HR but also struck out 2 and didn't walk anyone. Carreno pitched 0.2 innings giving up 3 hits and 2 runs and ended up being the guy who was tagged with the loss.

Hechavarria entered the game as a PH in the 5th and went 0-3 with 2 K's. d'Arnaud was 0-2 with 1 strike out but did reach base on an error. He was replaced in the 6th inning. Mike McDade was 1-4 with a 2B and an RBI. Sierra had the best night at the plate going 2-4 with 2 1B and an RBI.