FanPost

Minor League Batting Stats, Part 1.

Time for part one of the minor league batting stats series, we will do the same thing as the first time, it will be Las Vegas to Lansing, then part two will be Vancouver to our Summer League teams..

Up first is our very own Triple-A affiliate, the Las Vegas 51's, the 51's hail from a strong hitting league, this would explain why almost half of the batters here are batting over .300, but the main betters who are thriving in their time in Vegas are: David Cooper, Ricardo Nanita (in his limited time, was just promoted from NH), Brett Lawrie (of course!), Eric Thames, Travis Snider, Kevin Howard (in his limited time, was signed to replace Lawrie while he got injured), Adam Loewen, Manny Mayorson, and Jonathan Diaz have been great while hitting in the PCL.
Lasvegasp_medium

via img197.imageshack.us

Second up is New Hampshire Fisher Cat's of Double-A's Eastern League, our hitting stars down in New Hampshire have been Travis d'Arnaud, Mike McDade, Ricardo Nanita, and Moises Sierra, Anthony Gose (good hitter in Double-A for his first year there), Darin Mastroianni and Adeiny Hechavarria haven't enjoyed very fun seasons, hitting for a combined .478 (.256 + .222), hopefully they can find their stroke in the second half.
19436367_medium

via img94.imageshack.us

Next up is the Dunedin Blue Jays (D-Jays), the hitters who are enjoying the most success down in Florida are: Catcher - A.J. Jimenez, Shortstop - Ryan Goins, DH - Brian Van Kirk, and Brad McElroy, Justin Jackson, and Kevin Nolan also haven't done to bad with the team, all of these D-Jays hitting for a respectable average, getting on base a lot, and these six players have stolen a total of 45 bases, while only being caught 8 times, which is tremendous. On the other hand Kevin Ahrens, Brad Glenn, Kenny Wilson and Sean Ochinko haven't done well done in Dunedin, evident by the mean of these 4 players' batting averages being around .235, hopefully they also can improve in the second half in Dunedin.

Dunedinbluejays_medium

via img402.imageshack.us

And our last team in part one of this two part series is the Lansing Lugnuts, the best hitting Lugnut's that stood out to me in the first half of the season are: Jake Marisnick, Marcus Knecht (insert SportsCenter guy saying "CANADIAN!"), Carlos Perez, and Michael Crouse have all had good first half's of the season.

Mean of 4 Lugnuts' Batting Average: .288
Mean of 4 Lugnuts' OBP: .364
Mean of 4 Lugnuts' SLG: .456
Mean of 4 Lugnuts' OPS: .819
4 Lugnuts' SB/CS ratio: 56/17

Lansing_medium

via img593.imageshack.us

Okay, well that is all, thanks for reading, hope you liked it, and don't forget to vote in the poll, I think you guys will find this one interesting!