Some Things Will Always Be Great: GameThread for New York Yankees at Toronto Blue Jays, 16 Jul 2011, 1:07 PM EDT

After taking the first two games against the Yankees in convincing fashion, the Blue Jays look to secure the four game series win this afternoon and get back above .500.  It won't be easy, as they have to do it against C.C. Sabathia and without Jose Bautista.  Fortunately, the Jays send their best starter to the hill as well, in the form of Ricky Romero.  Romero looks to get back on track this afternoon after a couple of rocky starts.  Sabathia, on the other hand, is coming off a 4-hit shutout of the Rays.

I won't be around for most of this one, as I will be washing dogs.  Today's title from Art Brut's "D.C. Comics and Chocolate Milkshakes" -- I'd put beating the Yankees on par with chocolate milkshakes for excellence.

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-0

Thu 07/14 WP: Jo-Jo Reyes (5 - 7)
LP: Bartolo Colon (6 - 5)
16 - 7 win
Fri 07/15 WP: Brandon Morrow (6 - 4)
LP: Freddy Garcia (7 - 7)
7 - 1 win

New York Yankees
@ Toronto Blue Jays

Saturday, Jul 16, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
Rogers Centre

CC Sabathia vs Ricky Romero

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing from right to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 80.

Complete Coverage >

Sun 07/17 1:07 PM EDT