Full press release after the jump. Welcome back Casey.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TORONTO, ONTARIO

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BLUE JAYS REINSTATE JANSSEN

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have reinstated RHP CASEY JANSSEN from the 15-day disabled list and have optioned LHP LUIS PEREZ to Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA).

JANSSEN, 29, was placed on the 15-day DL on June 17 (retro to June 15) with a right forearm strain. The Huntington Beach, California resident appeared in 28 games for the Blue Jays this season, going 2-0 with one save and a 2.93 ERA. His .295 opponents slugging percentage ranks 1st on the club. The right-hander appeared in five games on a rehab assignment for New Hampshire (AA) without allowing a run in five innings.

PEREZ, 26, returns to Las Vegas (AAA) after his second recall on May 23. The left-hander made 21 appearances since his recall going 1-2 with a 3.06 ERA, striking out 27 and walking just nine. Overall the Guayubin, Dominican Republic native has made 24 appearances in his rookie season, posting a 3.57 ERA.