Who's Up, Who's Down For the Jays This Week: July 15 to 21

The Jays had a 4-2 week, helped out by a sweep of the Mariners

I'm taking a weekend off baseball to go to the Folk Festival this weekend.

Arrow_down_3

Ricky Romero

Two starts for Rickey this week, a poor one against the Yankees and a one that was pretty good, yesterday, until the 8th inning, when he gave up a couple of singles and a walk to load the bases, then Casey Janssen came in to give up the grand slam and add 3 earened runs to his total. Before that ball left the park, he had 7.1 innings of 1 run ball. In the 2 games he pitched 12.1 innings, 11 hits, 7 earned, 7 walks and 16 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Carlos Villanueva He had the one start against the Yankees and it wasn't good. 6 innings, 8 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk and 6 k.

Arrow_down_3

Brett Cecil

Brett had a terrible 2nd inning in his start against the Mariners, then Farrell had a talk with him and Cecil followed with 5 shutout innings. The final line, 7 innings, 5 earned, 9 hits, 2 walks and 2 k, wasn't good. Maybe next start Farrell will have the say talk before the game starts.

Jo-Jo Reyes

With the changes made to the rotation, Jo-Jo didn't have a start this week. .

Arrow_up_3

Brandon Morrow

2 starts, 2 wins. In 13.2 innings he gave up 11 hits, 4 earned, 5 walks and 13 strikeouts.

Arrow_up_3

Shawn Camp

Two appearances. He faced 8 batters, gave up 2 singles, walk, a bunt.

Arrow_around_3_medium

 Octavio Dotel

Dotel pitched in 4 games, 2.1 innings. 2 hits, unfortunately one of the hits was a home run. The good part was that it was in the 9th inning and we were up by 7, so it didn't matter.

Arrow_down_3

Jason Frasor

Got into 3 games, 3.1 innings. 7 hits, 2 walks, 4 k, 1 earned run. That is a lot of hits for 3 innings work.

Arrow_down_3

Casey Janssen

He's back, I guess you noticed that when he gave up the grand slam. Next week will be better.

Arrow_up_3

Jon Rauch

3 games, faced 14 batters, gave up 3 singles, no walks and struck out 4. And he got a win. He really saved us yesterday too, coming in with 2 on, in the 8th and getting 2 quick outs to keep the game tied.

Arrow_up_3

Marc Rzepczynski

In 2 games Marc pitched 3.1 innings, 2.1 in our extra inning game against Seattle, and allowed just 1 hit, while striking out 4. Faced 11 batters and only 1 got on base.

Arrow_down_3

Frank Francisco

2 games, 2.1 innings, 2 hits and course 1 of them was a home run. 9 batters faced, 2 hits allowed. 3 strikeouts. He's going be pitching in just blow outs for the next while.

Arrow_down_3

Luis Perez

Sent back to Vegas. Pitched in 2 games this week before he was cast out. 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 earned. He'll be back.

Batters:

Arrow_down_3

J.P. Arencibia

Played in 4 games and didn't get a hit. 0 for 14 with a walk with 8 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

In the 6 games he hit .192/.276/.423. I'm hoping he pulls out of this slump soon.

Arrow_down_3

Aaron Hill

Started 5 of the 6 games this week. Hit .117/.273/.176. Scored 3 and drove in 2 runs.

Arrow_up_3

Yunel Escobar

He's on a great run, .429/.556/.524, with 4 runs and 6 RBI.

Arrow_up_3

Edwin Encarnacion

Started all 6 games. .318/.481/.591. He also stole 2 bases. Was intentionally walked once. 8 runs scored, 2 RBI. Made a pretty amazing play at third too.

Arrow_down_3

Corey Patterson

Started 4 games and got into another as a pinch runner. .188/.235/.188. 1 caught stealing. Scored 2 runs. Starting 4 games a week is too much.

Arrow_up_3

Rajai Davis

Started 4 games, and got into the other 2. Hit .278/.381/.388, 5 stolen bases, 3 runs, 2 RBI but then 2 very important RBI. Actually took 3 walks this week. If he could hit like this all the time, he'd be a very useful player. I do kind of like the idea of having him on the bench and using him as a pinch runner at an important spot in the game.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

So glad he is back. .250/.375/.417. 3 hits, 2 doubles in his 3 games. 3 RBI. It doesn't matter to me what he hit, he gets an up arrow for being back in the lineup. The team looks so much better with him.

Arrow_up_3

Mike McCoy

Glad to have him back, he started 2 game, played in 3 others. Had 5 at bats. 2 hit, both doubles. Stole a base. Also was hit by pitch. Pretty good batting line, .400/.500/.800.

Arrow_up_3

John McDonald

Started 1 game, got into 2 others. 5 at bats. .400/.333/.600 and played some good defense.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Travis Snider

Kind of a funny week, he had 2 hits in 3 games and no hits in 3 games, alternating days.  In all hit .240/.231/.440. I thought he looked fine in CF. I like the idea of him playing there so we could have an extra batter in the lineup, but then having him play center so Patterson can play doesn't help much. Hurry up and get Lawrie up here.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Jose Molina

Played his usual 2 games, had 8 at bats and 4 singles. Pretty good.

Arrow_down_3

Eric Thames

Everyone will have a down week, now and then. This is Eric's: .217/..231/.348, not to bad really.