FanPost

Updated Top 15 Jays Prospects

With the depth of the Jays farm system and the constant ups and downs of many of these prospects I thought it would be a good idea to create an updated version of our top prospects list. I want to keep it reletively short by naming just 15 while there are many whom are all in the same 10-20- and even 30 range. These rankings are all in my opinion as I've based them off of mostly potential as well as how long the've proven there abilities for (MLB readiness). So without further ado let's get right to it.

1) 3B Brett Lawrie(AAA, 21YO)- .354AVG, 15HR, 52RBI     MLB Comparison: Mike Schmidt

2) C Travis D'Arnaud(AA, 22YO)- .320AVG, 12HR, 42RBI     MLB Comparison: Alex Avila

3) CF Anthony Gose(AA, 20YO)- .254AVG, 9HR, 39RBI     MLB Comparison: Jacoby Ellsbury

4) Rp Henderson Alvarez(AA, 21YO)- 69.1IP, 48SO, 2.86ERA     MLB Comparsion: Pedro Martinez

5) Rp Deck McGuire(HiA, 22YO)- 98.2IP, 94SO, 2.92ERA     MLB Comparison: Jeff Niemann

6) Cf Jake Marisnick(LoA, 20YO)- .309AVG, 10HR, 60RBI     MLB Comparison: Hunter Pence

7) Rp Noah Syndergaard(Rk, 18YO)- 22.0IP, 28SO, 1.64ERA     MLB Comparison: Josh Beckett

8) Rp Zach Stewart(AA, 24YO)- 86.0IP, 66SO, 4.47ERA     MLB Comparison: Nick Masset

9) Rp Drew Hutchison(HiA, 20YO)- 27.1IP, 23SO, 3.95ERA     MLB Comparison: James Shields

10) Rp Aaron Sanchez(Rk, 19YO)- 20.2IP, 21SO, 7.84ERA     MLB Comparison: Clay Buchholz

11) C A.J Jimenez(HiA, 21YO)- .303AVG, 3HR, 26RBI     MLB Comparison: Ramon Hernandez

12) Lp Justin Nicolino(SS, 19YO)- 34.0IP, 47SO, 1.32ERA     MLB Comparison: Wandy Rodriguez

13) SS Adeiny Hechavarria(AA, 22YO)- .221BA, 6HR, 32RBI     MLB Comparison: Alcides Escobar

14) Rp Nestor Molina(HiA, 22YO)- 93.1IP, 101SO, 2.51ERA     MLB Comparison: Shaun Marcum

15) 1B Mike MCcade(AA, 22YO)- .299AVG, 14HR, 64RBI     MLB Comparison: Nick Johnson