Cecil shuts out the Rangers as the Jays win 3-0

Well, everything I have thought about this series turned out to be wrong. In the second game I thought it couldnt get in worse and sure enough it did as the Jays lost it in the ninth. Tonight I have fears about Cecil velocity and control and sure enough he comes in and completely shuts down the Rangers while throwing a complete game shut out.

Pitching

As mentioned Brett Cecil was fantastic, a complete game shut out and he only gave up 4 hits and 2 walks. He stuck out seven and while I unfortunately missed most of the game things had to be going well to completely get through the powerful Rangers lineup.

Offsense

The Jays only scored 3 on the night, but it was 2 more then they would need with the way Brett Cecil was pitching. On the night they the team scattered a few hits and walks here and there but nothing really ever got going. That was until the ninth sixth where the Jays hit 3 doubles in the inning to cash 3 runs. Yunel Escobar  went 3-3 with a BB on the night scoring a run. Eric Thames went 2-4. Bautista, Encarnacion and Snider each had one hit apiece which was the aforementioned doubles.

The Jays have Monday off before coming back home to the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday. It was a great way to end the series and wash the bad taste away from the first two games of the series. Hopefully with the day off tomorrow the Jays won't lose the momentum and good mojo from this one.

Jays of the day: Brett Cecil .503, Jose Bautista .113, Yunel Escobar .106

No suckage Jays.