Great Start for Ricky Romero: Jays Beat Orioles

Orioles 0 Blue Jays 3

Great end to a great day.

Ricky Romero threw 8.1 shut out innings, he would have gone further but, with 1 out in the 9th, a strike 3 pitch to Vladimir Guerrrero got away from J.P. Arencibia and Vlad got to first. So Farrell took him out of the game. Romero gave up 4 hits, 3 walks and struck out 9. Pretty good. Jon Rauch got the last couple of outs for his 8th save.

We had enough offense, 10 hits, but just 3 runs. JP had a solo homer.Eric Thames had 2 hits and an RBI. Yunel Escobar had 2 hits and a walk. Everyone else had one hit except for Travis Snider, who had 4 strikeouts.

Jay of the Day was Ricky (.360 WPA). No one got to the Suckage number.

Tomorrow we have the deciding game of the series. Carlos Villanueva (5-2, 3.40) starts for the Jays. Brad Bergesen (2-6, 5.54) for the O's.

And tomorrow we should have Colby Rasmus in the lineup. That will be fun, can't wait.