Blue Jay News: Brad Mills to Start Saturday

The story changes daily, but now the Jays are saying that Brad Mills will make the start Saturday. Brad's been doing great in Las Vegas, 9-7, 3.99 ERA in 20 starts. 130.2 innings, 133 hits, 35 walks and 114 strikeouts. I hope they give him a bunch of starts in a row so he can show what he can do. If it is another one start and back to Vegas deal, I won't be happy.

Colby Rasmus is batting second today. Thames moves down to the 6th spot. They have a nice right-left pattern: Escobar, Rasmus, Bautista, Lind, Encarnacion, Thames, Hill, Snider and JP.

And, of course, Mike McCoy is on his way back to Vegas. I think I'd rather have him than Teahen, but then Teahen is out of options, not that anyone would snap him up off waivers with the $5.5 million he is owed next year.

Trever Miller and P.J. Walters will be in the bullpen, Walters will take the long man role, Miller LOOGY.

Thwip from Wilner, Colby said at the press conference that Alex "talks fast so I was trying to keep up with him." No kidding.

As for uniform numbers: Rasmus is 28, Teahen 20, Miller 43 and Walters 40. Program sales will double tonight. And I'm off to the bar to watch tonight. I don't have enough beer at home to get through a game with Tabler telling us how 'strong' Colby is every 15 second. I don't remember the last time I looked forward to a game so much. I should add that if anyone is in Calgary and wants to join Craig and me at the bar, we'll be at Shanks Crowfoot. Look for the guy in the Jays cap (me) and the guy in the Patterson jersey (not me).