Juan Rivera DFAed, Travis Snider Called Up

The Blue Jays have designated Juan Rivera for assignment and have called Travis Snider up from Vegas.

I'm surprised, I didn't think we'd just let Rivera go, but he doesn't have much for trade value and he wasn't helping the team, with a .246/.310/.365 batting line and no range at all in the field.

Thrilled to have Snider back. I didn't like him being sent down, I'd rather him working out his troubles in the majors than watch Rivera.

Great news.