Trade Deadline Day Rumors

It is pretty quiet for Blue Jay trade rumors. Quiet is the way Alex likes it best. But there are a couple of rumors out there:

  • Bob Elliot says the Jays are looking at Rockies catcher Chris Iannetta. He figures the Giants looking at Jose Molina and the Jays would need Iannetta to full his spot. Iannetta is hitting .221/.375/.402, he has more walks (59) than hits (54). There were rumors, in the off-season that the Jays were interested in him. I don't see it myself but you never know.
  • There are still rumors about the Jays being interested in Wandy Rodriguez. Wandy is owed $10 million next year, $14 million in 2012 and has a club option for 2014 at $13 million. The Astros want 2 'impact prospects' for him so they will likely have to chip in some of the contract money.

If you hear or see any over rumors (or just want to make one up) put it in the comments.

Other news:

Apparently people were lined up 3 hours before game time to be sure to get their Roberto Alomar bobble head, so if you are going and you aren't there now, you won't be getting one.

The Jays have Yunel Escobar, Adam Lind and Travis Snider sitting out today. With tomorrow being an off-day (why would we have a day off on a holiday Monday?), it looks like Farrell is letting some regulars have a 2 day break. Lind and Snider sitting against a lefty seems like a plan, until you notice that Wilson has big reverse splits this year, .744 OPS vs LHB, .635 vs RHB.