Yunel Escobar gets 4 hits: Jays lose to Red Sox

Blue Jays 4 Red Sox 6

Well, I'm glad I missed that one....but had a nice meal with my wife, anyone willing to put up with me for another year deserves a good meal, or therapy of some sort.

Anyway, not a great game for Ricky Romero, it all fell apart for him with 2 outs in the 4th. He gave up 4 straight hits and a walk to turn a 1 run lead to us trailing by 3 and that was pretty much the game. Ricky went 4.1, with 9 hits, 3 walks, 6 earned, 2 homers and struck out just 2.

Our bullpen had another good night, 3.2 scoreless innings from Shawn Camp, Jon Rauch, Luis Perez and Octavio Dotel

Our offense had trouble with Tim Wakefield. He gave up 9 hits in 7 innings but just 3 runs scored. We did get the tying run to the plate against that insufferable jerk in the 9th. A few of our batters had a good day. Yunel Escobar, in his first game back, went 4 for 5 with a double. Jose Bautista was 2 for 3, with 2 RBI. Travis Snider went 2 for 4. Other than that it wasn't a fun day for the bats.

Jay of the Day is Yunel Escobar (.153 WPA). Suckage numbers go to Romero (-.421) and EE (-.095).

JP Arencibia took a Paplebon pitch to the hand and had to leave the game. First reports say that JP's wrist is fine. They will take another look at it in the morning.

Tomorrow we start a four game series against the Indians. Carlos Villanueva (5-1, 3.24) starts for the Jays. Zach McAllister makes his first MLB start for the Indians. Zach was 8-3 with a 2.97 ERA at Triple-A Columbus.