FanPost

Dustin McGowan's Rehab Assignment

A few fact:

-Dustin McGowan began his rehab assignment July 30.

-A believe the time limit for rehab assignments is 1 month.

-His current status on MilB.com is "Rehab assignment".

-MLB.com's Gregor Chisholm reported in his inbox that the Jays could put him on the 7 day DL, and they could start the whole rehab process all over again.

-His last outing was on July 25th for Dunedin.  He threw 3 innings.  I don't know how many pitches he threw though.  I'm guessing around 50 or so however, given the high # of K's and BB's he had.

-Wil Ledezma is still on the 25 man roster

Bottom line is that we should hear something soon from the Jays.

The most likely scenario is probably Chisholm's suggestion.  I find it strange that that's allowable, however.  That being said, I'm sure McGowan wouldn't complain about being cautious.  Before making that elusive call, I'm thinking that they would want him up to at least 80 pitches and have him pitch a few games in AA.

I'm guessing he'll take Ledezma's sport, eventually.  And that Villanueva will go to the pen.  Or maybe McGowan will simply be put in the pen.