FanPost

Questions + poll

1.  What is AA's best move so far (poll after)?

I'll go with the Vernon Wells trade but there are some other candidates.

2.  Is it possible there was another team interested in Vernon Wells last winter?

It would help explain the lack of money going the other way.  Another possibility is that AA is just that good :)

3.  Are our AA pitchers a bit overrated?

With Gose and Hech playing well above average defense at key positions the pitching stats might not be as good as they look.  Hopefully the Jays will have the same problem at some point.  It seems like every pitcher that gets called up from Dunedin has a pretty good transition to AA.  I could be wrong though, please tell me why...

4.  Which free agents will AA7 sign?  I've seen a lot of comments and recommendations on who to sign and such.  Assuming Alex doesn't change his strategy who do you think our free agent targets will be?  Any ideas for players to trade for (take) given AA's tendencies?

AA has done a good job so far (understatement) and I don't see any reason to change course.  I much prefer stealing talent than giving out $100-150M contracts.  Here are some free agent ideas, all of whom are Type B free agents and would hopefully be Type B after 2012 as well (assuming the CBA retains similar compensation):

Catcher:

Second base:

Bullpen

These aren't sexy signings but they are the types of players we have used to acquire Rasmus and Escobar along with a lot of prospects from the resulting compensation picks.  Hopefully there are no mistakes in here.  Post a comment if someone isn't a free agent, etc.