FanPost

Elias Rankings Updated at MLBTR

The projections done on the Elias rankings have been updated and posted today at MLBTR.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/08/elias-rankings-update-1.html

Of most interest to Jays fans:  Hill is still hanging on to type B status, as are Frankie Frank and Rauch. The nicest, and most intriguing, move is Edwin Encarncion is now a type B.  So is he more valuable for the potential draft pick or his bat?

Hill could be an interesting case.  To get a draft pick, we'd have to offer him arbitration, but if you were Hill, would you turn it down?  Maybe he'd think a new venue and new hitting coach my get him turned around. (This might be an interesting decision tree question or example to use in my stats class!)

For those interested in getting Jason Frasor back, he's also a Type B.