4 RBI Each for Aaron Hill and Colby Rasmus: Blue Jays Beat Mariners

Blue Jays 13 Mariners 7

That one should have been over after the Jays scored 6 in the first inning but Brad Mills gave back the 6 run lead by the end of the 3rd. Mills had a good first inning, but had troubles in the 2nd and 3rd, giving up 6 hits, 6 earned, 3 walks while getting 3 strikeouts. He could have been helped out if Eric Thames could have caught either of the fly balls hit his way in the 3rd.

Luis Perez gave us 4 good innings of relief, allowing just 1 run. He deserves a lot of credit for stopping the momentum the Mariners had picked up coming back from down 6. Shawn Camp pitched the last 2 innings, giving up just 2 singles, while getting 4 strikeouts.

We got a lot of offense today, 15 hits and 7 walks. Every starter had at least 1 hit. Brett Lawrie had 3 hits and a walk. Eric Thames, Aaron Hill and Jose Bautista all had 2 hits. Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion had 3 walks each. Hill had a 2 run homer in the first and Bautista had a 2 run shot in the 6th, his 35th of the season.

Jays of the Day are Rasmus (.243 WPA), Jose (.237), EE (.186) and Hill (.092). I'm also going to give one to Perez for the 4 strong innings. Suckage numbers go to Mills (-.415).

Brett Lawrie had a nice day with the glove, as well as going 3 for 4 with a walk. He made a couple of really nice plays. I think we can stop worrying about his glove now.

That was one long game, it is even late out here in the west.  Tomorrow  we have Brandon Morrow (8-7, 4.55) going up against his old team. Blake Beaven (3-3, 3.59) gets the start for the M's.