Bautista homers and retakes the MLB HR Lead - Jays down A's 1-0

OAKLAND, CA - AUGUST 21: Jose Bautista #19 of the Toronto Blue Jays swings and hits a triple against the Oakland Athletics in the ninth inning during an MLB baseball game August 21, 2011 at the O.co Coliseum in Oakland, California. The Blue Jays won the game 1-0.(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)

I think Farrell has figured out how to properly use the Blue Jays pen, Just have the starter go long enough in the game and use the best reliever for 3 innings to get the save.

If you are one of those people that likes big offense style games then this one wasn't for you. The game itself featured a total of 5 hits combined for both teams, with only 4 walks total so there wasn't a lot of baserunners.

Luis Perez started for the Jays and I have to be honest I wasn't really expecting much, he really did prove me wrong though. He threw 6 fantastic innings going perfect through the first 5 innings and really only ran into trouble in the 6th. In the sixth inning he gave up 2 walks along with a single but was able to generate a double play ground ball to get out of the inning. At the end of the day he had 6IP with 1H 2BB and 4Ks, a brilliant first start and even though he didn't get much support he was still able to get the all important win.

On the opposing side Moscoso was the hard luck loser, the Jays only had 4 hits on the day, 2 from Jose Bautista, Arencibia and Hill had one each. Bautista had the only walk on the afternoon for the Jays. Of course the big blow of the day came on a really hard hit ball from Bautista that left the yard on a rope.  The best part of the home run, aside from accounting for Bautista retaking the MLB lead was the fact that there was a Jays fan sitting in that part of the stands holding a Bautista target sign. Great stuff.

Casey Janssen got the save on the day and was fantastic, he came into the game in relief in the 7th inning and pitched 3 great innings giving up only 1 walk and getting 5Ks! Great work out of the pen and was nice to see for once.

Jays of the Day - Janssen (.413) Perez (.337) Bautista (.225)

Suckage - Thames (-.121)

Tomorrow is a day off for the Jays before they are back at home to welcome the Royals. Back to a regular start time at 7 thankfully.