Jose Bautista and Brett Lawrie Homer: Jays Beat Royals

Good to see a save from Frank. Lets have more of these. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Royals 3 Blue Jays 4

A small hint to other AL teams, don't get Jose Bautista mad. Luke Hochevar hit Yunel Escobar with a pitch, Yunel wasn't pleased, I'm not thinking it was on purpose, but Jose Bautista made Hochevar pay by taking him deep for a 2 run homer that gave us our first lead and he gave a little stare at the pitcher just to make his point. The Royals tied it again, then Brett Lawrie hit another home run, in the 7th, to give us the lead again. We kept it and won.

Ricky Romero didn't have his best start. He hit Alex Gordon to start off the game. He gave up a run in the 1st, in the 3rd and in the 5th. He pitched 6 innings, gave up 8 hits, 3 earned, 4 walks with 3 strikeouts. He had to battle but he kept it close enough for us to pull out a win.

Jesse Litsch, Casey Janssen and FrankyMcFrankFrank each pitched a scoreless inning of relief. I am likely how our pen is coming around. Jesse got the win, Casey a hold and Frank the save, his 11th.

Jays of the Day are Lawrie (.313 WPA), Francisco (.169), Bautista (.141) and Janssen (.124). I am going to give one to Litsch too, at .090 he was close and his was an important inning. Lind, whose bat has turned so cold gets the Suckage at -.098 for an 0 for 4.

Our batters, as a group, have cooled of late. Only 5 hits today. 2 for Brett.

Tomorrow night the Jays go up against Canadian Jeff Francis (4-14, 4.89). Brett Cecil (4-6, 4.24) starts for the us.

Looks like Colby Rasmus will miss 3 or 4 games his the sore wrist. I'm expecting that Darin Mastroianni will stay up with the team and the Jeroloman will be going back to Vegas tomorrow when Kelly Johnson arrives. But I've been wrong before.